Friday, September 30, 2011

515.

Tomorrow we are moving. Big day for all of us. Grown up house in a grown up neighborhood. Penny is beyond excited and has taken the packing all in stride. She even went straight to bed tonight without complaint, amongst the many, many boxes surrounding her little toddler bed. Last night in that one as tomorrow is the big girl daybed in the new room.

I was cleaning and organizing buttons tonight (no joke) I started getting nostalgic. Mostly for Pips. This is the house that she won't remember, but that she should. This is the house that we prayed for her in, made her in, and brought her home to on Christmas Day. Where I stressed the first week of her life about how to shield her from the annoying street lamp that shown through the hallway in just the wrong way straight into her bassinet. Where she learned to crawl, walk and eventually run down the hall full speed taking the tight corner into her bedroom.

We will miss you 515. And I know Pips will be back to visit that green door someday when taking a trip down memory lane.

No comments: