Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It's Just for my Daughter...

So I have a day job and it exposes me to many things. Today I was at a luncheon with the founders of a women's blog network. Three woman who saw the rise of mommy blogging and capitilized on it. It's not just moms now but it's ALL women.

I was sitting next to one of the founders who was talking about her 7 blogs and how she keeps up. I was saying that I couldn't imagine as I am lax here and it's mostly guilt that makes me post these days. Not that Pen isn't amazing but the shiney, new feeling has obviously faded. I started off with "well, it's just about my daughter". And that's where she stopped me. "You say that like it's nothing, but as I get older I yearn to know more about my Grandmother and her experiences, about my mother and what kind of mother she was. And my Grandmother doesn't want to talk about it now and my mother has a very rosey perspective that I know wasn't reality...your daughter now has this. Bruises and all".

And it made me proud. If nothing else Miss Pips, you have this blog :)

No comments: