Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


There are still days that I forget that I am a mother. Hard to believe, considering I cannot walk five steps without having a mini me hanging on to a leg or pulling at my sweater. But still after almost two years I still don't naturally refer to myself as a mom. So today there was a strange self-awareness. One that made me realize how proud and happy I am to have little P in my life. And to understand what it feels like to share this bond.

We spent the weekend with Pen's Oma in Indianapolis. And of course, her cousin who is all of four months older than she. Couldn't have been cuter to see them together. Rowan calling out to "Pen, Pen" and Penny calling right back, "Ro, Ro, comin'...". Sweet.

Let's just wait until they are teenagers.

1 comment:

rad said...

oh the sweet blond curls. she is so so cute. happy mother's day to you. you wear it so well. xox