Friday, April 18, 2008
Shake, Rattle and Roll
We did great night one but night two without Ryan was a little more exciting. I woke up startled in the middle of the night and literally ran down the hall to see if Penny was ok and not being nabbed by a stranger. It was the weirdest feeling, clearly I was half asleep but I had the most horrible fear take over me. I heard that the neighbors upstairs were up as well and assumed that they fell out of bed or something and that is what woke me. But after seeing the news today I realized that it was an earthquake. One that measured 5.2 on the Richter Scale hitting just around the time I was sprinting down our hall. Um, sure I live in the West for two years paralyzed with fear of an earthquake; should we get that extra insurance? Where in the apartment is the most sturdy to barricade myself when "it" hits? Is that open shelving in the kitchen really a good idea?...only to move back to the Midwest and experience one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment